Certified and Non-Certified Metal Structures
Certified and non-certified metal buildings often confuse buyers, if you want to avoid any confusion all you need to know as per the regional/local authorities do you need a permit to install a building? If yes you must buy certified metal building and if no then you can choose between non-certified or certified metal building. Let’s understand the difference between certified and non-certified metal building
Certified Metal Buildings
Certified metal buildings are specially designed by professional engineers to meet specific weather needs like snow loads, heavy rain, hail or wind. Local/regional authorities for the safety purposes define building standards, and all buildings need to pass these measures to get installed. Certified steel buildings are built to meet all the specifications and certified by metal building professional engineers to meet all guidelines.
Certified Metal Carports Benefits
- Certified metal building have comparatively longer lifespan than non-certified metal buildings because these buildings are build of 12gauge galvanized steel instead of 14gauge.
- Certified metal carports ensure the security of people/surroundings, by following metal structures standards enforced by state/region or local authorities.
- With building permits, engineer ratings, building blueprints, pre-and post-inspection by local authorities you can trust a certified metal building without a second
- Certified metal buildings come with all warranties as per the industry standards like 14days repair warranty, 20 years of rust through warranty, wind warranty, snow load warranty and 1-year workmanship
Non-Certified Metal Buildings
Non-certified metal buildings are made as per the industry standards, but not designed by professional engineers. These buildings don’t have specific snow or wind load ratings and installed in areas where building permits are not required.
Non-Certified Metal Carports Myths
- Viking Steel Structures offers all warranties on both certified and non-certified metal buildings.
- Non-certified metal buildings are durable and vigorous enough to face all weather elements. The only limitation with these metal structures is they are not capable enough to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Non-certified metal buildings are constructed in 14gauge galvanized steel, which is not that bad as compared to certified metal building which is 12gauge. Even certified metal buildings are available in 14gauge.
- Lifespan of a metal building is nothing to do with its prices, non-certified metal carports are cost effective as they don’t require a permit and concrete slab which makes non-certified metal buildings cost effective.
- Non-certified metal buildings build with galvanized steel; these buildings are also finely crafted, installed by experienced installers, can handle standard snow, rain, hail, and wind to protect your valuables from damage just like a certified metal building.
Viking Steel Structures offers premium quality certified and non-certified metal buildings at affordable prices. We understand the need of both and respect your freedom of choice and budget limitations. Know more about how to select a metal building according in your location/installation area from the expert contact us or call us at 877-801-3263.
Get a free quote now or ask us a question, it's free, simple and fast.
We will be happy to answer you.