WHY METAL CARPORTS OFFER THE BEST VEHICLE PROTECTION
Most vehicle owners are intent on taking good care of their vehicles and this comes down to providing the proper protection and shelter for them. When trying to decide the best way to do this they will often consider a standard style garage but a much better option is to take a look at metal carports and there are many reasons for this.
You finally bought the car of your dreams, and now you need to protect it; our carports can help. A metal carport is a wise investment in your quest to keep your car, truck, SUV, van or any vehicle looking showroom new for longer. We offer a range of customization options, so the carport you choose is not just a utilitarian structure but also provides a nice aesthetic that improves your home’s curb appeal and your property’s landscape.
WHAT IS METAL CARPORT?
To make an informed decision about metal carports, it means having a good understanding of what a carport actually is as well as its benefits and features, and what options are available to you. Metal carports are becoming the most popular, affordable and versatile way to protect different types of vehicles. Our quality made prefabricated metal carports come in various sizes with plenty of options to choose from. They allow for customization to fit your specific needs for protecting your cars or any other vehicles and for storage of other items that need to be protected from the elements. When comparing a carport to a traditional garage one argument that may be raised is that a carport does not provide the same level of protection that a garage does, but this is really a fallacy provided that the proper carport style is chosen.
WHY METAL IS BEST FOR YOUR CARPORT?
While you may find that there are various materials that are available to you when taking a look at carports, your research should show you that metal is the best choice to make. Some of the reasons for this are
- It makes for easy installation
- It can be counted on for durability and longevity
- It is versatile
- Its affordable
- It’s cost efficient
- It is friendly to the environment
WHY DO YOU NEED A METAL CARPORT?
Some reasons that our customers give for needing and wanting a carport installed include:
- Shields their vehicles from sleet, snow, rain, and the damaging UV rays of the sun
- Allows them to pull their cars closer to their doors for ease of entry
- Deters theft; thieves may enter a garage faster (because they’re hidden) than a carport
- No room on the property for a full-size garage
- Own a garage but need an additional spot to park another car
- Prefer the look of a carport to a garage
- Need the shed area a carport offers for sitting outside, entertainment, and other activities
METAL CARPORT TYPES
At Viking Steel Structures, we sell carports that provide not only a roof for your vehicle but protect it from the sides as well, so you can choose the style that makes you feel more comfortable or that meets your budget. A roof-only carport provides protection from rain, snow and other elements to a great extent, minimizing damage from hail and other perils. A carport with sides is much like a garage, offering a more comprehensive level of protection for your vehicle.
In today’s economy, the number one reason that homeowners choose carports over other metal buildings is cost. Carports are a good value and much less expensive than any other traditional building. Our metal carports are strong and durable, and unlike wooden garages, they are impervious to the effects of insects and they never mold, mildew, or rot. The types also include
- Single Car Metal Carports
- Double Car Metal Carports
- Triple Wide Metal Carports
- Extra Wide Metal Carports
- Motorhome and Boat Carports
- Utility Carport Buildings
- Specialty Carports and Sheds
- Carports with Lean-to
We provide a 20-year limited warranty on rust through of frame on our carports, so you can buy with confidence.
DIFFERENT ROOF STYLES FOR YOUR METAL CARPORT
It is well worth taking the time to carefully look at the different types of carports that are available to you. You will find that the various styles and extra options that are available to you will give you choices that best suit your specific wants and needs. When choosing your carport from Viking Steel Structures, you’ll find a selection of different roof types too like:
The regular roof metal carports are what most would consider a standard style which has the rounded corners and the roof panels are horizontal. For those that are looking at for a good quality standard type carport this is usually the first choice.
Carports with regular roofs are rated for use in areas where the weather is generally mild year-round. These roofs are our most economical option, and they are an attractive addition to your metal carport. We recommend regular roof for temperate climates where storms and winters are mild.
Some individuals prefer a carport that has a little bit more character and style to it. For those individuals the choice of a A-frame boxed eave metal carport usually suits their requirements. It too has the horizontal roof patterns but is classed as a step up from the standard version carport.
A boxed eave looks a lot like the eave of a traditional home, which makes these carport roofs particularly appealing. This carport roof is rated to hold up to moderate weather, so if you get a moderate amount of snow and ice, this carport is one option for your carport. The roof is engineered for harsh winters, and it is ideal for carports that are to be erected in locations where snowfall can turn heavy.
Depending on the area and the type of elements that your metal carport is going to be faced with you may want to make the choice of a vertical carport. These have been designed to withstand rain and snow accumulation and are perfect for areas that experience this type of weather.
This roof type has a vertical design, so heavy snow and ice fall off more readily. Choose this type of roof if you prefer an A-frame design and live in an area where bad weather is the norm, it’s ideal metal carport for the harshest locales.
CUSTOMIZATION IN METAL CARPORTS
For those that have special requirements when it comes to sheltering their vehicle another great option that comes with choosing from quality carports for sale is the opportunity to be able to have them customized to meet your specific needs. This not only applies to the choices of roof styles but can also be in a reference to combination carports where you want extra space or extra components added.
When it comes to customization there are many different components that can be considered such as…
- The width length and height
- Additional walls for the front and back
- Garage or walk in doors
- A variety of different window choices and sizes
- Frame and share metal gauge
- Metal Carport Anchors
- Plus, many different choices in colors when it comes to the roof, walls, trims, and the garage doors if this has been one of your choices.
PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS OF METAL CARPORTS
Another great advantage of choosing metal carports is that you have options when it comes to the applications that you want to use it for. It may be that you only require its features and benefits for a single car, or if it is a multicar family you also have the option of choosing a metal carport that can accommodate more than one vehicle. When you consider the affordability and the practicality of choosing this type of vehicle protection it makes it much easier, and a great choice for those that have more than one vehicle to tend to. In addition to this, your metal carport will also allow you room for extra storage of items that you may normally keep in a garage setting.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF STEEL CARPORTS
- There are a lot of features and benefits that carports can deliver. Not only is it ideal for protecting your vehicles in inclement weather, but it also helps in keeping the car shaded from the sun which helps to prevent the interior from heating up.
- It is an ideal way of protecting your vehicle while it is on your own property. The features of being able to have a carport installed quickly provides a great advantage both in time saving as well as being cost-effective.
- Having a steel carport to use means that your car is not as visibly exposed which can help to cut down on theft and vandalism.
- Depending on the size of metal carport that you choose, it is also a great provider for extra space for additional items that you would otherwise need outbuildings to store them in.
- What also has to be considered is the energy efficiency with a carport. Taking into account that you don’t need to install additional lighting or have to be concerned about using electricity for garage car openers.
WHY SELECT VIKING STEEL STRUCTURES METAL CARPORTS?
While making a choice to go with the metal carport for your vehicle protection is a wise choice, it is equally important to choose a metal carport dealer that is known to provide the best in the industry services, quality and workmanship when it comes to buying metal carports. Here at Viking Steel Structures we have gained an outstanding reputation and experience, we are best known for offering carports for sale at affordable prices.
Viking Steel Structures also intent on backing up its prefabricated buildings whether it’s metal garages, metal barns or clear span buildings with rent to own metal building options, easy repairing and metal building maintenance services, customization options, plus we offer an excellent warranty of 20 years.
Before buying a metal building it’s important to know which industry leading dealers you can rely on for the availability to serve in your area. At Viking Steel Structures, we cover the extra miles and serve our pre-engineered metal buildings at more than 35 states throughout the US with area specific sales advisors to make the building available at your doorstep.
Viking Steel Structures strives to set itself apart by offering you everything you could need, right from one place when you buy metal carports from us, you get:
- Total customer service before, during, and after the sale
- A selection of fine products, engineered to be tough
- Access to our carport color planner to see your metal carport color and design options
- Metal carports made from galvanized stainless steel that’s made in the USA
- Free advice from industry experts
- Consultation with pros who understand building codes and permits
- Customizable designs
- A 20-year rust through warranty* satisfaction
- Free delivery of your metal carport
- Erection of your carport on your ready site
For more information about metal carports you can give us a call at 877-801-3263 or contact us. We’re here to answer any questions and put you one step closer to the metal carport you are looking for.
Get a free quote now or ask us a question, it's free, simple and fast.
We will be happy to answer you.